June is Bike Month in Colorado Springs: Mayor Suthers Invites Public to Participate in Bike to Work DayKim Melchor: Lead Communications Specialist, Colorado Spring
The City of Colorado Springs encourages residents to get involved by participating in activities supporting Colorado Bike Month:
· June 3- Colorado Springs Bike Summit
– is the first bike summit in Colorado Springs and is designed to get information to people who care about biking, create bike advocates, and shape a vision of what's possible in Colorado Springs.
· June 18- 21st Annual Starlight Spectacular
– grab a friend and grab some lights join in the nighttime fun.
· June 22- Bike to Work Day
sponsored by Metro Rides, YMCA. Bikes and Bagels at 10 YMCA locations from Monument to Fountain and University Village Center.
o Mayor’s Ride at Goose Gossage Park at 6:00 a.m.
· June 10-Dec 21- Roll Bicycle Art Festival – Visit RollBikeArt.com
· May – September National Bike Challenge
o Commit to ride all summer long, challenge friends and log miles
Family Rides and Clinics
· Kids on Bikes
o PopCyle Rides
: Sundays, 1-3 p.m. through Aug. 28. Meet at America the Beautiful Park.
o Pedal Station
Grand Opening Celebration, 527 S. Tejon, noon-8:00 PM
o Pedal Station Volunteer Fix-it Night, Tuesdays, 4- 8 p.m.
· UpaDowna Pedal Party
o Every Wednesday evening June through September
· Meadows Park Community Center Bike Library Rides and Events
o Events throughout the summer
Rides and Races (activities in the month of June and throughout the year)
· Women’s Mountain Biking Association of Colorado Springs Group Rides
o Events year-round
· SoCOVelo Club Rides
o Mountain, road and trail work days – June and throughout the year
· Colorado Springs Cycling Club
o Multiple rides each week during month of June and throughout the year
Other ways to participate:
· Post a photo of you on your bike on Twitter telling us why you ride using the #IBikeCOS and/or #EverybodyBikes hashtag.
· Visit the Colorado Springs bicycle website
for updates on bicycle events in June.