The 2015 National Bike Summit - Bikes and MoreA message from the League of American Bicyclists
1) The Summit is the nation's biggest annual bicycle advocacy event
, bringing together hundreds of passionate bicycling leaders from communities across the country. Both the Summit and the Forum connect you to other people who share your passion for bicycling -- and want to build a bicycle-friendly America for everyone.
2) The Summit unites the voices of bicyclists on Capitol Hill
, highlighting critical issues and creating relationships with members of Congress that have a direct impact on biking in your community. We know the Summit gets results
: Last year, we pushed for Congress to tell the U.S. Department of Transportation to set a national goal to reduce bicyclist fatalities. Before the end of 2014, they did exactly that. We won, thanks to hundreds of participants at the National Bike Summit.
3) The Summit and Forum share cutting-edge knowledge and tools
you can put into action back home. And this year, we're not focused on incremental changes or tweaks to the status quo. We're thinking BIG about game-changing strategies and innovative tactics that can spur exponential growth in bicycling. The core aspects we'll zero in on:
- Leading-edge campaigns and important trends that are transforming bicycle advocacy, like transportation equity, Vision Zero and retrofitting suburbia.
- Knowledge, skills and tools to build your advocacy capacity and political power for better biking at the local, state and national level.
- Leadership development insights and strategies to invite more creativity and innovation into the bike movement.
- And big ideas from community leaders nationwide that are changing the face of bicycle advocacy in new and exciting ways.
Interested in participating in the Summit. Learn more at