Prevent Bicycle TheftLA Police Department
How to lock your bicycle:
- Take a quick release front wheel with you or take it off and lock it up to the frame.
- Always lock your rear wheel, frame and front wheel, Cable lock your seat for extra
- Secure the lock tightly. Leave no room for a leve or crowbar to pry the lock open.
- Always take accessories (lights, bottles, computers, bags, bells, etc.) with you or
lock them to your bicycle.
- Use locking skewers and bolts for your wheels, seatpost, headset and brakes.
- Never lock only your front wheel, handlebars, seatpost , top or head tube.
- Don't rely on a bolt or screw to hold down anythings -- wrenches and screwdrivers are common tools.
Thank you to the Los Angeles Police Department for the contents of this message.